Saturday, June 14, 2008

...and a garden shall heal them...

ah gosh, I shouldn't try to speak for anyone else, but in my case, a garden, many gardens, have been healing me for as long as I can remember...some gardens are a fabulous wash of flowers under a living room window of a royal blue house...others have fed an entire family, year after year...and now I have found a new garden, or perhaps this garden has found me, has seduced me utterly, and I am its willing lover and worker bee. These pictures were taken first in mid-May, when I was shown the property (oh yes, it has a dwelling on it!) by a real estate agent, and more recently this week, with the last few pictures taken today, after a 4 hour marathon of weeding. There is much work ahead, but more than that, there is much pleasure already and I am thrilled to be the new steward of this piece of paradise...we shall heal each other, garden and I.

No comments: